06/08/2020 – May Report 2020 SSS MANAGER
May continued the partial closure of the SSS. We are currently operating under limited opening procedures, but it looks likely that a phase 2 of a limited opening may come soon.
- I’m pleased to welcome 38 New Memberships YTD. Despite the National Emergency we are very near the same number of active members to date as we were last year.
- We’ve finished 2019 with 641 Active Family Memberships. We’ve received 519 paid Membership as of Friday. 628 total active Membership (with Honorary). With the guidance of the SSS Board I’m actively reaching out to those who may have been affected by the emergency with measures intended to keep those valued members here at he Squadron.
- With the support of the BOD and Penny Durham and Rose Mary McMullen the intensive Volunteer support program is active. The first round of Bar Staff and Squadron Ambassadors are in play. I urge anyone interested in committing to these or any other intensive regularly schedule volunteer support of the Sarasota Sailing Squadron please reach out to me.
Projects around the Club in the works –
- New Hot Water Heater scheduled for install 6/15/2020.
- David has diligently worked to:
- Replace and repair the Club House roof fansteners/ screws. Stopped some leaks.
- Painted the BBQ trim and replaced the lighting
- Run, Service Prep and make all repairs to Club’s power boars, clean all squadron power boats inside and out.
- Put up boards in work area, remove work area sign and painted.
- Check picnic tables are in good repair and replace hardware as needed.
WIP and Done:
- Judy, Andy and Mike Halliday are engaged in returning the compass rose to whole.
- Landscape, Weed Spray, Mow – growing as fast as possible.
- Empty and clean Locker ant work area.
-Water Fountain – Wade General Contractors, WIP
-New Tree’s Appel Horticulture – WIP
-Sea Wall Replacement – Waiting on Engineering
-Work Area Clean Up-WIP
-A Dock/ Wave Fence coming along nicely over 50% complete
Events & Activities –
- All Events cancelled until further notice.